How to whiten your teeth with activated carbon at home? How often do they clean and do not damage the enamel? What can I do to improve the result? We will answer these and other questions in our article for teeth whitening with activated carbon!
The use of activated charcoal in medicine is due to its high absorption properties and to its complete safety. The substance is a compressed wood or coconut powder, capable of absorbing water and all that it contains: toxins, pollution.
It is believed that this is the way in which activated carbon behaves for teeth whitening. The recipe for its application, however, is based entirely on other properties. We will describe them in detail.
How active carbon works
The absorption properties of coal occur only when contact with a large volume of water. A teeth whitening with activated carbon at home is based on its abrasive properties. The structure of the powder is extremely heterogeneous, which manifests itself in the presence of tiny dense particles. When they massage the surface of the teeth, these particles do not absorb the plaque at all, but they remove it rigidly together with the enamel microparticles.
At the same time, it is not good to think that teeth whitening with activated carbon is harmful. In any case, it cannot be called more harmful than a combination of soda with hydrogen peroxide. If swallowed, the substance will not cause any problems. It does not irritate the membranes of the oral mucosa, so it can also be used in the presence of lesions. Does not cause mucosal burns in the event of a concentration disorder.
The only drawback of the method should be considered its hard impact on the enamel, in fact, its mechanical abrasion, which leads to the appearance of imperceptible eye cracks, which subsequently cause the sensitivity of the teeth. A safer and more delicate method is, for example, bleaching bottles that not only eliminate plaque, but also saturate the enamel with minerals. If we talk about costs, then teeth whitening with activated carbon is certainly the cheapest.
3 procedure techniques
There are several prescriptions for teeth whitening with activated carbon. In any case 1-2 tablets are needed.
- Sterilize the powdered tablets and mix them with a little water. The volume of it should be minimal to obtain a dense grain. It is advisable to pour water drop by pipette, mixing the mixture well. Brush your teeth with a toothbrush. To do this, you can use a soft brush or pads to reduce the effect of the abrasive. After massaging the surface of the teeth for 2 minutes, rinse the mouth.
- Express method of teeth whitening with activated carbon. Reviews indicate its effectiveness, even if insufficient scrupulousness in cleaning the enamel. Take a couple of black tablets and carefully open the mouth. So put the water in your mouth, rinse it for a minute, spit it.
- “Coal” toothpaste. Rastolkite 1 tablet of carbon, add a little ‘powder directly on the toothpaste on the brush. Brush your teeth as usual.
5 tips to reduce the risk of damage to the enamel
- Grind the tablets in a uniform powder without large inclusions. This will reduce the aggressiveness of the abrasive.
- The use of a toothbrush with rigid bristles increases the risk of destruction of the enamel. Brush with soft bristles or fingertips, wet gauze pad, cotton buds.
- Avoid frequent procedures. The maximum cleaning frequency should be 7 times a day in normal enamel condition and every 10 days if there is a tooth sensitivity problem.
- Grooming the teeth in a reinforced mode. This means using toothpastes with a mineralized composition that will support the health of the enamel. Do not forget about proper nutrition. In your diet should always be foods rich in calcium, proteins, phosphorus.
- If there are opaque or white spots on the enamel, stop whitening and visit the dentist. They can testify that in some places the enamel is very thin and probably the development of caries.
Another feature of tooth cleaning with activated carbon is “black traces” on the enamel and gum surface. If you notice thin black stripes on the enamel itself, then it is already damaged and there are cracks, which only increase when the abrasion continues.
Coping with the remains of coal in the gums and between the teeth will allow a complete rinsing with water or a toothpick, which will collect all the small black particles. Because of the prolonged hygiene after the procedure, it is not advisable to do it the morning before work. A suitable time for her will be in the evening, when you are not in a hurry.
We hope you now have no questions about how to whiten your teeth with activated charcoal. Feedback on this method confirms its effectiveness. However, safety rules must be observed to avoid tooth damage.